At Heller’s, our expertly-trained propane delivery technicians check your propane tank for safety issues during every delivery, but there are ways that you as a propane customer can help to maintain your propane tank.
In between propane deliveries, if you suspect damage to your tank, please call your local Heller’s store immediately. We are proud to be a leading Lancaster, PA propane delivery supplier servicing the Harrisburg and Carlisle areas, as well as throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland.
Propane Tank Maintenance Tips:
- Regularly check your above ground propane tank for signs of wear or damage.
- Be sure that combustible materials like tall grass or dry shrubs are trimmed back from around your propane tank.
- Never store items such as bicycles or trashcans near your propane tank.
- Notice rust beginning to develop on the surface of your tank? Call your local Heller’s location immediately.
- Always use caution around propane supply lines, especially while performing lawn care chores like mowing, planting, or any other task that involves digging into the ground.
- Be sure to maintain at least a 10 foot distance from ignition sources like outdoor grills, firepits, lighters, fireworks, air conditioners, or heat pumps.
- Never force or use tools to open a valve or tamper with the regulators on your propane tank.
- Never seal off the top of an underground propane tank’s dome or enclose an aboveground tank in a confined or air-tight space. A tank’s relief valve needs space for venting.
- Always be aware of the location of your underground tank and never drive heavy equipment over top of it.